The Heirloom Restaurant Group’s front-of-house staff is responsible for making our guests feel welcome, well cared for and ensuring guests return and become regulars because of the unique dining experience we create. Being able to genuinely connect with guests on a high level is a critical skill each server/host must possess. You must also have a “can do” attitude about all challenges with which you’re presented.
A strong knowledge and passion for food is imperative to anyone’s success at our restaurants. Because our servers and hosts are the main line of communication with our guests, we require you to develop a thorough understanding of our menu and our local purveyors in order to create a unique experience for our guests. The high standards of our restaurants require staff with intelligence, strong reasoning and exceptional service and hospitality skills.
Definition of Service: The action or process of serving food and drinks to customers
Service Must Haves:
- At least 21 years of age
- Restaurant experience
- Ability to demonstrate competency as outlined in the training schedule
- Ability to multi-task and think quickly
- Requires little coaching, can think on their own and take accountability
- Maintain a current state alcohol serving permit
- Flexible schedule to work any shifts needed, including weekends and some holidays
- Ability to purchase server uniform including shirt and shoes upon hiring
Definition of Hospitality: The friendly and generous reception and entertainment of guests, visitors, or strangers.
Hospitality Must Haves:
- Positive, energetic, friendly and outgoing
- Respectful of guests and fellow employees
- Team player
- Committed long-term
- Smart, hard working and a quick learner
- Clean, tidy, confident personality
If we believe you have good potential to join our team, you’ll be contacted for an interview. After a successful interview, you’ll have the opportunity to demonstrate your service and hospitality skills by performing a “stage” (pronounced: st-a-gz) … which is basically an audition. You’ll perform the role of a back server for a few hours so we can see how you perform and interact with guests. A stage is an important opportunity for both you and us to see if you’re a good fit for our team.
So, if you’re interested in working in an expectational culture with passionate people, submit your resume with a cover letter to email@example.com or bring them to either of our restaurants:
- Communal: 102 N University Avenue, Provo, UT
- Pizzeria 712: 320 S State Street #185, Orem, UT